MAY I SHOOT PHOTOS AT THE FOUR ARTS?
We welcome and encourage you to take informal outdoor pictures during your visit to The Four Arts with personal mobile devices or cameras. However, if you are interested in using the gardens or grounds for professional portraits, engagement or wedding day photography, or any similar staged photography, we ask that you first obtain permission from The Four Arts. If you are a recent graduate, we’re happy to offer a photography permit at no charge, by calling 561-655-7227. For all other formal photography, please submit the online Photo Permit below.
Special closures: Both gardens will close during inclement weather and are closed on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and Easter). In addition, the Philip Hulitar Sculpture Garden will be closed due to Four Arts special events and the installation and deinstallation of the Flora Imaginaria exhibition on the following dates:
- November 27 through December 1, 2023
- February 12, 2024
- February 14 through March 1, 2024
- April 29 through May 2, 2024
- Informal or small group photography using personal mobile devices or cameras does not require a permit.
- Any staged, formal, large group or professional photography does require a permit purchased at least 48 hours in advance and approved by The Four Arts. Permits are $100. Please be sure to have a copy of your approved permit available when you visit.
- Multiple Group or Multiple Family Portrait sessions on a single permit are not permitted. Portrait sessions must be purchased by individual (or participating) families.
- Not permitted: Commercial photography is not permitted. Videography is not permitted. Additional equipment besides cameras, such as drones, ladders, or lights, is not permitted.
- The sculptures in the Philip Hulitar Sculpture Garden, The Botanical Gardens, and on The Four Arts Campus may not be photographed due to copyright restrictions.
- Do not climb on sculptures or enter the fountain areas or any other designated garden space.
- Please do not take photos inside The Four Arts buildings.
- There are no refunds on Photo Permits.
MAY I HAVE MY WEDDING AT THE FOUR ARTS?
No, The Society of the Four Arts is not a wedding ceremony or reception venue.
MAY I HAVE A PRIVATE EVENT, DINNER, OR MEETING AT THE FOUR ARTS?
No, The Society of the Four Arts does not rent out its facilities for private events, dinners, or meetings.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE FOUR ARTS?
Membership at The Society of the Four Arts is appealing, so there is often a waiting list to join. A current member may pick up a membership application on your behalf and two members must sponsor your application.
Please note, membership is not required to attend our world-class cultural and educational programs.
IS THERE A YOUNG FRIENDS GROUP AT THE FOUR ARTS?
The Contemporaries is an exclusive group of young supporters of The Society of the Four Arts, aged 21 to 49. Each year its mission is to educate, enlighten, and inspire you with thought- provoking discussions on a wide range of topics, from the fields of science, contemporary culture, media, and the arts. For any questions, please email Sofia Maduro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IS THE FOUR ARTS WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE?
The Four Arts is ADA compliant. The buildings and gardens are fully accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Visitors with disabilities may use mobility devices, including manual and electric wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and manually powered mobility aids (such as walkers, canes, and crutches) in all areas open to public pedestrian use.
We do not have wheelchairs available for rent.
Designated parking spaces in the public lots facing the front of Esther B. O’Keeffe Building and Dixon Education Building are available for visitors with disabilities.
MAY I BRING MY PETS TO THE FOUR ARTS?
No, please do not bring your pets as they are not allowed in The Four Arts buildings or gardens. However, trained service animals needed by individuals with disabilities are allowed in all public areas.
DO YOU HAVE ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES?
Assisted listening devices are available at the O’Keeffe and Dixon box offices.