Esther B. O’Keeffe Gallery
The Society of the Four Arts presents temporary, traveling art exhibitions in the Esther B. O’Keeffe Gallery while in season from November through Easter Weekend. The exhibitions feature a dynamic range of artists, themes, time periods, cultures, and types of art. Exhibition catalogues are available for purchase.
Gallery admission is $10 and free for members and children 14 and younger. Please note the galleries are closed to the public on Tuesdays.
To purchase tickets, please visit the Box Office or call (561) 655-7226.
No liquids of any kind are allowed in the Four Arts galleries. Visitors may make drawings/sketches after works on display with pencils only — no pens or colored pencils allowed — and the drawings/sketches must be in notebooks or small pieces of paper. Visitors may not use easels, drawing boards, stools, or our gallery benches as part of their drawing/sketching activities.
Art InSight Series
Join world renowned experts, scholars, and museum educators in the Art InSight series of programs. This engaging series of lectures, gallery talks, and events offers an in-depth exploration of the art exhibitions. All programs are free unless otherwise noted.
View our exhibitions for more information about this season’s Art Insight programs.
Mary Alice Fortin Children’s Art Gallery
The Mary Alice Fortin Children’s Art Gallery features special exhibitions for young children and families. The Children’s Art Gallery is located in the Children’s Library on the second floor of the John E. Rovensky Administration Building.
There is no charge for admission.
Photography of the art exhibitions, including images taken on cell phones, is prohibited.
History of the Esther B. O’Keeffe Building
In 1929, businessman and philanthropist Colonel Edward R. Bradley commissioned “Society Architect” Addison Mizner to design the Florida Embassy Club, an exclusive supper club that quickly became popular among Palm Beach’s elite and socialites. After Bradley’s death, The Society of the Four Arts acquired the Embassy Club and architect John L. Volk (1901 – 1984) transformed it into the Esther B. O’Keeffe Gallery Building. Volk enclosed the courtyard to become a 700-seat theater (now the Gubelmann Auditorium) and renovated the interior to become art galleries. The Four Arts is proud to be accredited through the American Alliance of Museums.